Complete Rebuild + Design System
Over the last 6 years Alert Labs has pivoted both from B2C to B2B and from a startup to a scale up. With 90+ % growth over the last 3 years, there have been many decision trade-offs to meet customer needs. We are now seeing significant challenges and opportunities to unlock exponential growth due to an EOL tech stack, ability to scale, needs for flexible roles and permissions, and managing huge amounts of customer data.
Late in 2021 the decision was made to initiate a complete rebuild of our products with a new front end architecture using Flutter. The new architecture will leverage a shared codebase to build 3 new products - web, iOS, and Android. The rebuild will also allow us to rethink our solutions and how to rebuild to optimize for large enterprise customers.
What I did (Doing)
- Defined strategy and roadmap for our products that involves building, measuring, and learning over the course of 2022 to rebuild our software products with a focus on incremental value and scaling for enterprise customers; I presented this to the executive team in December 2021 and we are now executing that vision
- Identified and prioritized requirements and collaborated with Engineering to define development sequencing and early release schedule across 3 products
- Initiated product analytics implementation that will enhance prioritization through data-informed decisions
- Coordinated ongoing bi-weekly customer discovery calls to learn and test hypotheses of early features to inform both prioritization and solutions based on insights; I share insights regularly within a dedicated slack channel via Grain.co to build empathy and awareness of our customers across the company
- Established a new design system from the ground up that will support web, iOS, and Android in a single codebase
- More to come
Want more detail?
I have what I call my 'rugged' portfolio.
If you would like to hear the stories and challenges behind some of my work and get insight into my process, feel free to reach out.